Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Thursday, May 21, 2009

where is the camshaft position sensor located on my gm engine? It's a 1997 3100 engine code P0341

where is the camshaft position sensor located on my gm engine? It's a 1997 3100 engine (6 cylinder) I ran a diagnostics and it came out code P0341 which is the camshaft position sensor. I was thinking of replacing the sensor and see if the problem goes away. The problem is that the engine looses power at higher RPMs. This code fault is the only one in the computer. I do not know the physical location of this sensor to replace it. Can you describe exactly where it is on my engine? Answer: It should be located right below the back of the power steering pump on the lower intake manifold. Camshaft Position Sensor Testing

1 comment:

  1. If you are having a difficult time figuring out where this is at, it might be a good idea to get a professional's advice. When looking for things on an engine, I think it is really important to be sure that you don't damage anything. This is why I usually don't do my own car repairs, because I am not very knowledgeable about how they work. Even if I am just trying to find a sensor like this, I don't do it on my own. Since I just moved into a new area, it might be a good idea for me to find a professional that I can ask for help with my car! http://www.edmondsimportauto.com/about

    ReplyDelete