Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Monday, April 27, 2009

Hyundai elantra 1.8L 5 speed just suddenly started running very poorly and now will not start

1996 Hyundai elantra 1.8L 5 speed just suddenly started running very poorly and now will not start. The power dropped off to almost nothing. It tries to start but just pops a little like it’s trying. I changed the fuel filter and it gets fuel while cranking. I checked each plug wire and they all have spark. The plugs are almost new. I also checked the timing marks and everything looks right. I have a cheap code reader and get the following codes; 136, 300, 301, 302, 304, and 441. Any ideas what’s causing the misfire and O2 codes? Answer: When was the last time the engine was tuned up? No, not just plugs, but a full tune up! The whole nine yards! READ Entire Article

2 comments:

  1. My 2005 hyundai sonata with 65k miles died while driving about 40 mph and now will not start. Sounds like it is going to start but doesn't quite get there. Could this have something to do w/the fuel pump or filter? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I get to 60mph the accelerator becomes hard, what is the problem? I have on 05 hyundai standard accent.

    ReplyDelete