Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Monday, May 19, 2008

car did not shift into a higher gear

Question:
I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer v-6 with an auto transmission. I had been servicing it regularly and did not abuse it. Yesterday while driving to have my oil changed the car did not shift into a higher gear. now my car will not shift into reverse also unless I let up on the gas it won''t shift into a higher gear. The guys at the oil changing place thinks it electrical. They dropped the oil pan and changed the filter. Is it a major problem or just a adjustment problem.
Answer:
There are no adjustments so i would have to go with the major problem. If it was just a solenoid then it would only have one problem ( loss of one gear, not more ) so I would say you are looking at having it rebuilt or replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment