Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Monday, April 07, 2008

Induction Service

In just the past few months I have been presented with a number of estimates given to my customers from dealerships that have performed warranty or recall work. On each estimate the dealer claims that the vehicle is in need of "Induction System Service". I have been asked by several people what this service is and if they really need to have it done. INDUCTION SYSTEM SERVICE: The Induction Service consists of removing the throttle body and cleaning the inside or throat of the throttle body. This allows a smoother flow of the required amount of air. DO I NEED IT: The Service can help aid in the correct idle if you are having this issue or looking to prevent it. In most cases if your car is running fine, you are not required to have this service done. It is however, a good preventative measure.

1 comment:

  1. I just had an induction service performed yesterday and now it idles rough. I was told that is normal for the first day or so. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete