Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Headlight Socket problem in 2013 Chrysler 200

I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 that has had the left drivers side headlight socket that was mistakenly cut off. Three of the wires are color coded but three are black. Would it be ok to rewire to any of the three black wires from the harness? That is the big question. I am assuming that they are all ground wires. I have tried to find a wiring diagram online & even called the local Chrysler dealership parts/service depts. They were trying to help but either don't have it available or just won't give it out to everyone? I could only find a 2011 Avenger headlight wiring schematic online. It shows on the left headlight that the three black wires from the socket go back to a single grounding point? If I am reading it correctly. Could you confirm this for me and/or send me a copy of the 2013 Chrysler 200 headlight wiring schematic? At this point the car only has one headlight functioning & for some reason the passenger headlight will only work on low beam. I think the hi beam may be burnt out on that bulb.

8 comments:

  1. Why would you waant to cut wires on a car this new? http://wwwDiagnoseCarMisfires.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Http://www.diagnosecarmisfires.com/blog (reedited)

      Delete
    2. Http://www.diagnosecarmisfires.com/blog (reedited)

      Delete
  2. are these HID lights? maybe why you only have low beam?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replace headlights with higher quality versions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was quite informative post about the car repair,.
    why does my car battery keep dying

    ReplyDelete