Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Monday, June 06, 2011

Air Conditioning blows warm after driving for a while?

I have a 2005 Subaru Outback, When I first start the car the Air Conditioning Blows Ice Cold. Then After I drive it for about 10 Miles it starts blowing hot. I have had it to two different places and one said the Freon was too full and the other said the Freon was to low. Neither place was correct.

Solution/Fix:
I asked some friends if they new of a good place and was referred to CFS Auto & Tire (a local Springboro Auto Repair Shop). Turns out they specialize in Air Conditioning among other things. The problem was that after the A/C Compressor was run for a while it would get hot and the clutch on the compressor would not engage until it had a chance to cool off. The Mechanic took me back in the shop and showed me that the compressor was still getting power to the compressor but wasn't engaging.

Had new compressor installed and Has been blowing Cold ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment