Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Friday, May 30, 2008

How much transmission fluid goes in a 2005 Sonata

Question:
I have a 2005 Hyundai Sonata. I just need to know what to do to change the transmission oil and how much does it need?
Answer:
The total capacity is 8.5 qts. Simply draining the pan does not get all fluid out of system, so drain and fill capacity is usually about 3-4 qts. Remove the drain plug, drain the fluid, note amount drained out, and take care to check level frequently when filling so not to overfill. Hyundai recommends using only Hyundai SP111 trans fluid.

3 comments:

  1. This is a good question and thanks for the information!! By the way, have you heard of MiNeeds.com? It really simplifies finding affordable auto repair professionals. I used it to find them for my vehicle. Essentially, after I described what I needed on this site, I received several competitive bids from local auto repair professional. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to call around and negotiate with each, and that they actually came to me.

    Los Angeles Auto Repair Services - Get Bids & Save | MiNeeds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything I fully expected of these tools. Great review! I am a regular reader of your post.I appreciate with you.Thanks for sharing the blog and always keep it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your article, thank you for the useful content.

    ReplyDelete