Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I bought a rebuilt A/C Compressor

Question: I have a 1984 Chevy Corvette and I bought a rebuilt A/C for it but there is a switch or some kind of wire that plugs into it that the new A/C is blocking off. My friend had this happen to his and said he just left that wire disconnected. Is that what I need to do? Answer: If you are talking about the pressure switch in the back of the compressor, it is held in place by a snap ring. The new compressor should have a plug in the same hole in the same spot that the switch is located on the old compressor. Just remove the plug and swap the switch from the old compressor to the new compressor. It is put there for safety reasons, in case of a pressure problem with the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment