Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Thursday, August 23, 2007

2005 Saturn ion No Start

Question: Saturn ion 2005 problem starting-every three or four starts, the lock symbol shows up and car will not start, panel, headlamps, acessories are operating, but starter seems locked out. After 4 minute wait, it usually starts. Why? Optional Information: 2005 Saturn 10n 3 2.2L4 Answer: This is a common issue with this model. You will need to have the ignition switch replaced and that will take care of it. As of today there is not a recall issued but save your receipt so you can get reimbursed if they do decide to issue a recall.

6 comments:

  1. Hi I am having the same problem and I have already replaced the switch... a month later the problem is back. Is this a faulty part?
    I have done some research and they all suggest cutting a white wire while the car is running and it will override the security feature in the car. Will this work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to figure out how to remove the plastic frame around the heater/ac switch unit. I want to replace it with a new one. Does the plastic frame surrounding it just pops out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having issues with a clunking noise underneath the front of my car. It is a saturn ion 3. However, my sway bars have been replaced and the noise still continues. A mechanic looked at it and said that nothing is bent or wrong with it, but once again, the noise continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2005 saturn ion,manual trans.engine turning over but no start. has fuel pressure at valve under hood.no ignition fuses blown, and suggestions for next step?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous from 11/07/10, have you had the CV joints checked? Sounds like one or both of them could be worn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same problem, replaced switch at dealer. Month later, same problem. They reprogrammed the switch, month later same problem. Replaced switch, month later same problem. I lived with it for a few years. Got bad. Replaced switch. Week later same problem. Replaced BCM ($800). two weeks later, same problem. I think this car is trying to tell me something. Any ideas? Thx

    ReplyDelete