Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Sunday, June 24, 2012

99 Honda Odyssey random misfire

I have a 1999 Honda Odyssey Minivan with a 3.5l V6 engine. It recently developed a problem with misfiring. I have A misfire code on cylinders 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 but not on cylinder 3. I changed the plugs, used an ohm meter to check all the coils. All the coils measure the same as far as resistance. I don't know what the actual value is supposed to be. The misfire seems to occur under acceleration, according to the flashing check engine light, but the actual shuddering and jerking seems to happen most during deceleration or braking. The engine misses slightly at idle, but I do not get the flashing check engine light at idle. Also, the van has the usual Honda problem with the EGR port clogging up, but this has happened in the past without causing a misfire. Any suggestions anyone? Please help, I really need to fix this without throwing parts at it, and can't really afford to take it in for diagnosis. I am going to try cleaning the MAF sensor and see if that helps any, will post and let you know the result of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment