Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

1994 Town Car problems running

I have a 1994 Town car(115K miles) that has problems running. It hadn't been started since last year, and ran rough then. I can start it no problem(surprise), but it idles rough and shuts off as soon as I take my foot off the accelerator. A guy I used to work with suggested that there could be a bad vacuum hose. I looked through the engine compartment and saw a connector with NO hose on it. Couldn't find another spot where that might connect to. I'm not sure if this is the problem with it running, or if it would affect something else(like AC, vents, etc.) This same car has a problem with the hood latch - it won't. I don't see anything *obviously* wrong, and I even tried spraying lithium grease on it thinking something was stuck. No good, still won't close all the way. I created a photo album and uploaded pictures, but they're not showing up for some reason. Do we have to request upload permission? I'll try to upload pics again... Any assistance in getting this beast running well would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I would check the idle air control valve first

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or the tps

    ReplyDelete