Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Car Heater Blower Motor Doesn't Work

Question : I have a 2000 Honda Civic and My blower motor only works on high speed, what could be the cause of this???

Answer : This is an indication that the Blower motor Resistor has failed and needs to be replaced. If the blower motor did not function at all you would need to replace the motor . The resistor is located within 6" of the motor mounted inside the air box and can be removed externally. It is cooled by the air flow created by the blower motor.

Blower Motor and Resistor

3 comments:

  1. heater fan does not work in my 1996 dodge caravan , how do i remove it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2001 Ford Escape. when the truck is on and i turn the heater on it makes absolutely no sound and no air comes out.. no matter what speed/temp./setting its on..

    do i need a new heater motor ? and where is it located ?? easy to install ? ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Best Tankless Water Heater Reviews

    ReplyDelete