Search Auto-Repair-Questions

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Welding Gas Question


A couple of days ago while buying an extension ladder from a person in
Vandalia, OH, I also bought a gas welding setup with the two oxygen
and acetylene tanks, and a rolling cart for the tanks.

I've done some brazing before with oxy-acetylene but not true welding.
I plan to learn what I can from YouTube and from a highly rated book I
have ordered from Amazon.

What I's like to know is how I should go about getting more gas when
these tanks are eventually empty. These tanks are beyond their
certification date.

Do I just exchange the tanks for filled ones or do I have to get these
re-certified and pay a fee? If there's a fee involved, roughly what is
the charge for re-certifying a tank for acetylene or oxygen?

20 comments:

  1. By the time my tanks are empty, they’re out of certification so I go to a place that will exchange them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called Airgas today and they said it would probably just be an
    exchange deal like you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welding. A welder prepares and joins a range of metals of various gauges using electrical and electrical/gas shielded processes. view publisher site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent read, I just passed this into a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that. pump castings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welding is awesome job which join two metal together strongly. It is not easy task. It need some knowledge before welding. More information

    ReplyDelete
  6. The number one question to look for while buying a welding helmet is which kind of lens is correct used for you. welding helmets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing content to read and gonna find some fruitful information every time. wonderful piece of article

    welding

    ReplyDelete
  8. flax seeds helps to control blood pressure and reduce cholesterol levels. Even you can simply roast it and add it to your salad or snacks.
    health seeds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos to the creator for crafting such insightful and engaging content! 🌟 The attention to detail and clarity of expression make it a pleasure to read.

    We at Sassy Infotech is a Website Design & Development Company in Surat, India. We Digital marketing agency offers SEO, PPC, SMM & E-commerce solutions, and creative web design for a better User Experience

    ReplyDelete